Friday 1 February 2008

365 Films: January

I made some resolutions when 2007 became 2008 (this took approximately two days).
Looking at the list, most of them are actually tasks. Not tasks...more like projects. Definitely not targets.
One of these projects is this one: to watch 365 films in 2008.

I like films. That's one of my reasons for doing it. If I didn't like films I probably wouldn't bother, unless I really wanted to like films. Even then 365 of them is not a little extreme (that's one a day).

I don't think I saw enough films in 2007. That's another reason. I am a hoarder. I hoard and collect things. This isn't exclusive to objects. It applies also to things like 'knowledge' and 'culture'. I wouldn't mind staying in a bit more in 2008. I was out a lot in 2007. There are many reasons.

Here are the films I watched in January (there are 31 days in January and there are 31 films in this list, which means I'm on target.) I enjoyed every single one of these films:

1. Dirty Dancing, 2. Before Sunrise, 3. Before Sunset, 4. Sense & Sensibility, 5. Twenty-Four Seven, 6. Blade Runner, 7. Meet The Fockers, 8. All Quiet On The Western Front, 9. The Great Train Robbery, 10. The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, 11. Who's That Knocking At My Door, 12. Survive Style 5+, 13. Primer, 14. Zodiac, 15. I'm Not There, 16. Tideland, 17. Elf, 18. Spellbound, 19. The Beat That My Heart Skipped, 20. Rain Man, 21. Falcons, 22. Helvetica, 23. Inner Space, 24. The Last Kiss, 25. Spiderman Three, 26. Zeitgeist, 27. Cinema Paradiso, 28. Lives Of Others, 29. Bubba Ho-Tep, 30. Shopgirl, 31. Hallam Foe.

Some of these films I had seen before, but that isn't an issue. But if I watch any of them again in 2008 they won't count. That's the rules.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Well done! I like the fact that Dirty Dancing was your first film of the year. Class. xx