Thursday 10 January 2008

Plain Chocolate Hobnobs

The other day I wrote about Dark Chocolate Digestives. Emma commented about Plain Chocolate Hobnobs. They are but a memory in biscuit history, but a good one (number 7 in a Nice Cup of Tea and a Sit Down survey).

Emma asked me if I could find some. I looked in ebay and there were none. I looked in Google and there were only people talking about them. So I used my telephone to speak to McVities.

I spoke to a lovely lady. The conversation:

Me: Hello, I'd like to inquire about a particular kind of biscuit.
Lady at McVities: Right, what kind?
Me: The Plain Chocolate Hobnob, also known as The Dark Chocolate Hobnob. I would like to know if they are still available.
Lady: I'm afraid that they were discontinued.
Me: Oh.
Lady: Yes.
(silence, phone crackle)
Me: That is a shame.
Lady: Yes. But hang on. Bear with me a moment.
(a moment passes)
Lady: I thought so. They are actually working on a new product based on The Plain Chocolate Hobnob that is planned for release around Springtime. It is called The Dark Chocolate Hobnob.
Me: Wow!
Lady: Yes!
Me: That is good news!
Lady: Yes. Look out for it in the springtime.
Me: I will!
Lady: Wonderful.
Me: Wonderful.
Lady: Ok then...
Me: Splendid!
Lady: Yes...
Me: Thankyou for that wonderful news. I am pleased.
Lady: Good.
Me: Have a wonderful day. Bye bye.
Lady: Bye bye.
We both hang up. I think she is smiling. I am smiling.

So there we are. I put my phone on the table and it was so happy it switched itself off and on again. Here's to McVities for giving us the icing on the cake of longer days and warmer weather!

No comments: